We had our first meeting of the year last night. So many things discussed, particularly our plans for the year. Among others…
1. Our AGM fixed for March. Coordinators to prepare all the necessary reports. This year there will also be committee elections. Hopefully we can get enough volunteers willing to be board members (rather than being bored members!).
2. With our Children Education Fund (CEF) depleting, we’ve decided to allocate the whole RM20K received from Yayasan Sultan Azlan Shah last year to CEF. At least we don’t have to worry about not having enough funds for the children’s bus fares etc in the middle of the year.
3. There will be 2 major conferences this year: The IAS Conference to be held in KL from 30th June to 3rd July and ICAAP in Bangkok from 18th to 22nd November. We had to discuss on the budget to be approved. We don’t usually bother to apply for scholarships as we know our chances to get them are almost zero.
4. Since July and August will be fasting/Raya months, we’ve decided to have our Family Day later than usual…. in early September, after Raya.
5. Our first exhibition for the year will be in March (unless before that somebody else offers us to set up an exhibition booth elsewhere.
6. We’re getting our volunteers to update all their clients’ particulars so we can keep them in our files. That way at least if a volunteer leaves us, the latest contact number and info of his/her clients would be readily available in the files.
I have begun to pass a few of my many clients to new volunteers. Hopefully that way I will be able to pay attention to the ones needing more help.
I think it’s going to be a busy year ahead…